Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Idea of Student Designed Project: Beatlemania

I must say that this is difficult to pick just one thing... I guess that is why I am brainstorming and why I am writing this blog entry. There will probably be 2 or 3 entries with other possibilities. While trying to brainstorm ideas for a project of family that includes culture I immediately, as with my other posts, thought of the Beatles. My father, an avid Beatles fan, passed some of that culture on to me. I would like to research more into that time period. What it must have been like to be in the middle of Beatlemania. I especially want to find out what it was like for my father. Now of course I cannot ask him directly, but I will be able to find out the things that went on through grandparents, my mother, aunts and uncles. I think it is quite fascinating because we have always had memorabilia, songs playing, Beatles trivia in our home. (I also did one of my high school research papers on the Paul death hoax). I think the best audience for this is someone that has felt the impact of Beatlemania. This can be either someone that lived through it directly or someone like me. I would like to explore the concerts that they performed, such as when they were on the Ed Sullivan show. Or there is the concert on the roof at the apple corp. studio in London. There is so much culture here that I would like to learn and write about.

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent idea! Once you start your research you will find that you may have to scale back on what you can include in the final project. sjr

    ReplyDelete