Friday, December 4, 2009

Movig Forward

My plans for moving forward with family history center around everything that I have done this semester so far. It has all been about stories. Stories that are passed from generation to generation and that mean so much for my family. Thus I want to record these stories and write them. First thing I will accomplish is the interview that I want to have of my grandfather and great grandmother. With my new discovery of the audio recorder and audacity, I know how to weave together people's interviews. I want to do this so much because after the student designed project I realize that someones spoken story sometimes is so much better than there written story and that makes me want to record these things, especially my grandparents, before its too late. I feel a sense of urgency because I know what it is like to not have access to someone who is great at story telling. After I record things on my recorder i would like to use my mother to piece together the book that my father began to write. He outlined the chapters of a twenty chapter diabetic book based on events in his life. Thus he knew what he wanted to write but only finished a few chapters. I want to use the people who might have know what the stories are based on the title and try to make his book. It will probably never quite live up to what he was going to write but at least it will be something. Well that's the start... I look forward to writing outside a lab report.

No comments:

Post a Comment